Green Card (Permanent Residence)

Remove Conditions On Green Card
Green Card Through Family
Green Card Through A Job

Working In The United States

Permanent Workers
Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Workers
Temporary Visitors For Business
Student And Exchange Visitors


Citizenship Through Naturalization
Citizenship Through Parents


Family of US Citizens
Family of Green Card Holders
Family of Refugees & Asylees
Fiance’ & Marriage Visas
Provisional Waivers


Our Lawyers can assist you in areas of Immigration Law. Legal Services that our Law Firm provides in terms of Immigration Law include the procurement of Green Cards or Permanent Residence, Green Cards Through Family, Green Cards Through Job or Employment, and the Removal of Conditions on a Green Card.

For persons seeking to work in the United States or wish to continue working in the United States, Jay Weller Legal Group offers Legal Representation in obtaining Visas for Permanent Workers, Temporary or Non Immigrant Workers, Temporary Visitors For Business. Our Lawyers are also qualified in Legal Representation, and Citizenship Through Naturalization.



A Green Card is also known as a permanent resident card. A Green Card grants an individual permanent residency, which means that person can work and live in the United States on a permanent basis. There are numerous methods to obtaining a Green Card. One can obtain a Green Card through family sponsorship, employment, or through various Refugee, Asylum or Humanitarian programs.


One of the more common means to procure a Green Card is through family members. One may be eligible for a Green Card if he or she is an immediate relative of a United States Citizen, including spouses, married and unmarried children, and brothers and sisters of United States Citizens. Spouses and unmarried children of a sponsoring Green Card holder may be eligible for a Green Card. Other categories include a battered spouse or child, K nonimmigrant, a person born to a foreign diplomat in the United States, and the widow or widower of a United States Citizen.


There are a number of ways an individual may obtain a Green Card through a job or employment. One may obtain a Green Card through a job offer of permanent employment in the United States, or a Green Card through Investment in a business that creates new employment in the United States. One can obtain a Green Card through Self Petition if that immigrant has “extraordinary ability” in a certain field or given a National Interest Waiver. If you are qualified in certain specialized occupations, you may be granted a Green Card, including Broadcasters, Afghan/Iraqi Translators, Religious Workers, and others.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text]


There are numerous manners in which an individual and their spouses and children may enter the United States for purposes of working here. There are Visas for permanent workers, temporary workers or nonimmigrant Visas, a Visa for temporary workers for business, and Student and Exchange Visas.


You may become a United States Citizen, either at birth or after birth. To become a United States Citizen at birth, you must have been born in the United States or one of its territories or had at least one parent who was a United States Citizen and meet some other requirements.

One may become a United States Citizen after birth if he or she had been a permanent resident for at least five years and meet other requirements for eligibility.



Fiance’ Visa is available to US Citizens desiring to bring foreign national fiancé living outside the United States to marry in the United States. If your intention is to marry a foreign national residing outside the United States or your fiancé is legally in the United States, then the Fiance Visa is not appropriate. One then applies for a Green Card.

The requirements for a Fiance Visa are that the Petitioner must be a United States Citizen, and intends to marry within ninety days of the Fiance entering the United States. Both parties must be eligible for marriage, and the Petitioner must have met the Fiance at least once within two years of filing the Petition, unless such requirement would violate established customs of the Petitioner or Fiance’s culture or the requirement results in extreme hardship.



Certain applicants for an immigrant visa, namely spouses, children and parents of United States Citizens, may apply for what is called a provisional unlawful presence waiver, before departing the United States. This process, enacted in March of 2013, is designed to shorten the time that such relatives of United States Citizens are separated from their family while attempting to obtain the appropriate visa to become permanent lawful residents in the United States.